Wembley Stadium upholds the highest standards of Health and Safety. The following guidance is in line with the stadium’s grounds regulations.
• We know that many supporters like to display flags at football matches and Wembley Stadium will always be as accommodating as possible.
• Flags are not generally confiscated, however the obstruction of gangways, access routes, exits and entrances, health and safety signage and stairways is strictly forbidden.
• In the event of an emergency we must have all access and exit points clear.
• Wembley Stadium reserves the right to confiscate flags if they are very large or may compromise public safety, obscure someone’s view, a camera position or if a flag carries offensive, discriminatory or inflammatory messaging.
• Flags more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section will not be allowed and flagpoles greater than 1m in length will not be allowed.
• Any articles that could potentially be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety are strictly prohibited.
• Permission must be sought in advance from the stadium and event owner to arrange use of the very large supporter flags that are designed to be passed over people’s heads. In such cases the flag must be flame retardant and the organiser bringing the flag into the stadium will need to provide the appropriate H&S certification.
Ground regulations will be printed on your event ticket and a list of prohibited items is available here.